Re: Gt Southern Passenger Timetable.

Krel wrote in message <370b43dd.14839619@news.netconnect.com.au>...
>Thinks - I wonder if any enterprising travel agent has thought of
>offering packages that include travel on IP Syd-Per or Ghan Syd-Asp
>and detraining at Peterborough to pick up a car and do Steamtown
>and/or Pichi Richi and return to the same train at Pt. Augusta?

Or better still, The Ghan ex Sydney on Sunday, 26 hours in Peterborough
(time to relax, etc) then pick up the IP the following day. Would give heaps
of time in Peterborough to go to Steamtown, and also the chance to "break
things up" - the only downside is that it would break up a long train trip,
and some people want to be able to say they did it in one hit.

DaveP