Re: Sydney people movers.

Ashley Wright wrote:

<snip>

>   The real Canberra, beyond is a great place, its only real downside
> is that the railway line ends at Kingston (although I once read it
> come closer to the city until the bridge washed away, anyone know
> where??)

<more snip>

The line crossed the river near the powerhouse (?) and continued to a
platform near the present site of Civic. There was also an extensive
1067mm gauge construction railway for old parliament house. It gets a
run in a couple of ARHS Bulletins which I have in storage and so cannot
access.

BTW, the weather alone rules out Canberra as a livable city - dry and
stinking hot or dry and freezing cold. The only livable capital is
Brisbane.

Barry Campbell