Re: R707 to Ballarat (and no return)

The reason was that 707 did a tube on the down side of Ballan - near
Llandeilo, and had to drop the fire.

Y119 was sent from Ballarat to rescue the train, and dragged 707+6 cars to
Bungaree loop, then N463 (from Melbourne) was attatched to the front of
Y/R+6 and took train to Ballarat, arriving approx. 4:30pm (timetabled for
11:55am).  N463 then returned the train to Melbourne/Lilydale.

When and where the R gets fixed I do not know, it may still be at
Ballarat/WCR.

John Berry

<7e7n80$o24$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>...