Re: Changing newsreader Identities

dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote, and I selectively
quote:

>I think you'll find that somebody in a suit made that decision after some
>rep from MS did a fantastic BS job

My wife works for one of Australia's biggest stockbrokers and
*everything* there is standardised on WinNT/MSIE & Outlook/MS Office
97.... no other software is supported or even permitted.

She also points out (to this Netscape/Agent/Ami Pro/Paradox user <g!>)
that just about every major company she deals with is also a closed
MS shop.    She's doing courses in MS Access and other products
because it's a "standard, marketable skill".

We may not like it, but MS monopoly of desktop computers is corporate
reality.

Regards

Yuri
--