Re: Changing newsreader Identities

Chris Stratton (stratton.chris.cp@nospam.bhp.com.au) wrote:
> David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
> >
> > Plus anything by MS is inherently bloated and substandard anyway. :)

> That may be so but BHP has a policy of only using Microsoft software for
> standard applications

I think you'll find that somebody in a suit made that decision after some
rep from MS did a fantastic BS job. Monash Uni suffered the same fate in
the early 90s, right when the engineers wanted to use OS/2 as the standard
OS. This was in the days before Access and Publisher, so there was no
official database or presentation software allowed or supported. I
remember some suit saying that we could use Powerpoint for desktop
publishing, obviously not knowing the phrase "the right tool for the right
job".

Cheers
David