Re: Bringing Back The Ws (was: Melbourne Trams)

Bill Bolton wrote:

> dbowen@custard.net.#SPAMTRAP#.au (Daniel Bowen) wrote:
>
> > As someone else posted, what Bill saw would probably have been the
> > ATM section point indicator.
>
> Since the trams all have prominent notices saying the driver has no
> access to the ticket machine... and strongly implying the driver has
> zip to do with ticketing, so please don't bother talking to the driver
> about it..... what use is fare stage information to the driver?
Isn't it used for time point notification as well? I think its just to
show to the driver how late he is so that he can run through without
stopping for anyone so that he doesn't shorten his meal break :)

on another note, the driver ATM console on buses has the option to
display points or destinations. I saw "next Mitcham Rwy stn" on a bus
recently... too bad they don't have AVM for buses... :(

cheers
Johann