Re: Bringing Back The Ws (was: Melbourne Trams)

On 18 Oct 1998 23:51:56 GMT, cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin
GORDON) wrote:

>And the W's are now fitted with a deadman's handle, let go of the brake
>handle and the weight fitted will push a switch stopping ther tram.
>
>Have a look if there is ever a W's out again.

It's an elegantly simple design, I was impressed!

By the way, there is also a LCD display in the cab which showed
something like "Next point Spencer & Collins" (this was travelling
towards Spencer St along Collins St) ... is this an indicator of the
next "turnout/divergence" or some indication on the next "check point"
or "way point" in the timetable?

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton