Re: Bringing Back The Ws (was: Melbourne Trams)

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>Bill Bolton wrote:
>> By the way, there is also a LCD display in the cab which showed
>> something like "Next point Spencer & Collins" (this was travelling
>> towards Spencer St along Collins St) ... is this an indicator of the
>> next "turnout/divergence" or some indication on the next "check point"
>> or "way point" in the timetable?

>Do the City Circle trams have automatic Digital Voice Announcements?

Yes, they point out landmarks and tell you what's at the next stop.

As someone else posted, what Bill saw would probably have been the
ATM section point indicator.

Incidentally, if you check tram timetables at http://www.victrip.vic.gov.au
they show a lot more timepoints than are in the printed timetables. Alas,
they don't show fare sections.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...