Re: Bringing Back The Ws (was: Melbourne Trams)

Daniel Bowen wrote in message
<70sfid$bat$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...

>Incidentally, if you check tram timetables at http://www.victrip.vic.gov.au
>they show a lot more timepoints than are in the printed timetables. Alas,
>they don't show fare sections.

Fare sections are not shown anywhere. Passengers have to guess how far they
can travel on a zone 1 short trip ticket.

Many people probably use them instead of a 2 hour ticket. It is cheaper, and
you can be seen to be validating your ticket each journey (only when an
inspector gets on the tram, of course!).

Oh we all love our third rate ticketing system don't we?

Cheers

John Wayman