Re: Bringing Back The Ws (was: Melbourne Trams)

"John Wayman" <trecker@bigpond.com> wrote:
>Daniel Bowen wrote in message
><70sfid$bat$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
>>Incidentally, if you check tram timetables at http://www.victrip.vic.gov.au
>>they show a lot more timepoints than are in the printed timetables. Alas,
>>they don't show fare sections.

>Fare sections are not shown anywhere. Passengers have to guess how far they
>can travel on a zone 1 short trip ticket.

Last time I looked, they were shown in the printed timetables (the 67 one
I have from Aug 95 has them marked.) They are also shown on the stops.
Both, of course, are useless when you get on the tram, and I have overheard
people discussing whether or not they can use a short trip ticket. They
really need to get the driver involved in at least knowing which tickets are
appropriate, and let the passengers know they can ask.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne Australia.
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...