Re: NRC <> Brisbane to Sydney safeworking.

David Proctor wrote in message
<72p4ap$dqi$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
>I agree, Michael - I was just paraphrasing Ebens post.
>
>What p*sses me off is that people say it is unsafe because it uses
>computers, which muck up/does not use signals/relies on drivers to follow
>instructions - when all of this applies to current systems. (I know, there
>are signals at unattended crossing loops - but drivers are often REQUIRED
>go through these at stop.
>
>David "The Doctor" Proctor
>daproc.spambait@umpires.com

My biggest problem with train order working David is not the computer but
the variables that the computer cannot handle that require human
intervention like a failure, a last truck breaks away from a 120 long freght
train or the train controller makes an error.
The safest form of safe working is a system that has hidden safe guards like
C.T.C with its track control and the staff.  With a staff system the
starting signal cannot be cleared unless the signaller has the staff with
him.