Re: Ticketing (1970's) and Signalling

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> I am about to finish my signalling page and the ticketing
> page but need a little more information:
>
> On March 1 1976 the New Flinders St 'E' box was opened,
> starting the remote control of metropolitan signalling
> system.  But in 1964 (Nov 8) the new Camberwell puch button
> box was opened.  Which did realy start the remote control of
> surban signalling?

The details are very hazy from the distant reaches of my fading memory, but
IIRC when the line from East Malvern to Glen Waverley was single track it was
controlled remotely, with a CTC-like panel from East Malvern.  I have photos
of the line being duplicated in mid 64, and at a guess would suggest that the
panel was in place from early 50s.

Cheers...JD
--

John Dennis