Ticketing (1970's) and Signalling

I am about to finish my signalling page and the ticketing
page but need a little more information:

On March 1 1976 the New Flinders St 'E' box was opened,
starting the remote control of metropolitan signalling
system.  But in 1964 (Nov 8) the new Camberwell puch button
box was opened.  Which did realy start the remote control of
surban signalling?

Sep 13 1980 control of surban trains from Metrol.  What areas
did they control then and what has been added (part from the
city loop in 1981)?

12 Feb 1977 new '2' Box at Spencer Street opens. (Stage two
of METROL).  Where was(is) this box?

Free surban travel on Sundays in Dec and Jan (81-82).  What
for?

Introduction of automatic ticket machines at St. Kilda and
Heidelberg (March 21 1977).  What were these machines, and
what were the ones at Museum?
How long did they last (in operation) and where there any
more stations to get them?

Thanks,

--
Chris Gordon