Re: Article in Trains magazine

Geoff Lambert wrote:

> Lambing Flat <"BullaCk"@(nospam)cia.com.au> wrote:
>
> >gunzel@rocketmail.com wrote:
>
> >> An interesting article on a US railfan's visit to Australia is in the
> >> February 1998 issue of Trains magazine. There are a few inaccuracies
>
> Is this the article that lead to questions being asked in the NSW
> Parliament today, 26th May?  The Government has rejected "criticisms
> in an American railroad magazine that the ride in the XPT was like a
> 'ride in a concrete mixer' and that the food was 'appalling' as
> unfair"

In an article titled "Expert derails the XPT" published in todays Daily
Telegraph it says that Michael Photios quoted from American publication
Trains which described the Brisbane to Cairns service as "paradise" compared
with the XPT.  The article refers to trains as a RESPECTED international
magazine. The article also confirms earlier rumours on this NG that $130M
has been allocated  nto upgrade the XPT fleet. Sounds to me like Mr Photios
does not know the difference between a rail journal and a railfan magazine
but then again does he know anything about transport at all?
Bob
BTW  I wonder if Mr Photios has ever had a ride in a cement mixer?