Re: Article in Trains magazine

gunzel@rocketmail.com wrote:

> An interesting article on a US railfan's visit to Australia is in the
> February 1998 issue of Trains magazine. There are a few inaccuracies

 I haven't seen this article, but I have read the article a year or so ago on
Australian Railways in Trains written by Chris Sim.  Chris was pretty
disappointed with what they had done to parts of his article, leaving out
photos, swapping captions, changing the text to read nonsense and other bits of
ignorance and sloppiness.  Trains basically turned a very interesting and well
written piece into a very inaccurate and misleading article.

What concerns me is, having seen the mess they have made of articles on
Australian railways, do they treat the articles on American railroads in the
same way?  In other words, can Trains be believed?  They certainly have no
credibility with me.

--
DPC James McInerney

STOP!  In The Name Of The Lore!