Re: Metcard Validation

Ok, I will get this straight.  When asked to show a ticket I show it.
This PTC officer asked (nicely) to see my ticket, I showed him along
with a valid concession card.  When asked to go back and validate my
ticket I refused on the grounds of hime already seeing my ticket and
having lost one in a validator abord a tram and taking 4 weeks for a
refund.  I never stoped him in the execution of his duty.  I showed
my VALID ticket on demand and therefore breaking no offence.  He
knew this and so did I.  He went back to the gate and I got onto the
train.  When I talked to the PTC ticketing section they said that if
I have a valid metcard show it on demand use it to open station
barrriers then she would not tell me any other reason to validate
my ticket on the enterence of the station without barriers.

When they provide a reliable system, that is I have a metcard express
then I will validate it because my grounds of having my ticket eaten
by a validator will no longer stand.

Chris Gordon
cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord
: (a) any officer or agent of a corporation or of the Department in the
: execution of his duty under this or any other Act or regulations made under
: this Act; or

: (b) any person lawfully assisting any such officer or agent in the execution
: of his duty under this or any other Act or regulations made under this Act

: The penalty is $2500 or 6 months imprisonment.

--
Chris Gordon
  email - cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au