Re: Help - NSW times Central-Lithgow/Zig Zag

Craig Haber wrote:

> David Johnson wrote:
> > Remember to notify the guard that you wish to alight at Zig Zag.
>
> That will be a novelty in itself, we don't have them in Melbourne any
> more!
>
> > Trains from Sydney Terminal are:
> > 0802 arrives 1039a
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> The Griffith Pass (SL15?) departs Central at 8:15 Saturday doesn't it?
> If so, is it docked early enough for me to get a few photo's of 42220,
> then make the 8:02 Lithgow?

Don't count on 42220 being the unit on the train. Some times it is not
available and other units like 42203 are used. You should have enough time
to get a photo as the cars for the Griffith job usually go in well before
the departure to allow the loco to run around and the buffet to be loaded.

> Arrive Zig Zag 10:39...that should mean make the 11:10 ex Bottom Points
> ZZR train that would make Clarence about 11:50, catch 12:15 ZZR
> ex-Clarence, arr Bottom Points around 12:45.  Photograph 12:55
> departure, then...
>
> > 1345a arrives 1623
> > 1545a arrives 1823
>
> Is the ZZR area good for off-train photography if you're on foot?  ie,
> will I fill an extra 2 hours easily enough?  Would love to stick around
> for some photography on the ZZR!  Better pack my high-visibility vest :)

Talk to the crews at Zig Zag and I'm sure they will be helpfull. I suggest
you try the railmotor service as it stops at various locations along the way
and you will get a chance to take photos.
Bob