Re: Beresfield Accident Findings

Tezza wrote:

> Order >>>>about it that I'm aware of.

> the
>
> >>Then you've obviously never done business with FreightCorp.
>
> >I’m very curious as to why FreightCorp have no problems when it to comes
> >emergency braking. To help clarify why this isn’t a problem….
>
> >1. What type of locomotive brake valve is used?
>
> B-7, 26L, EC-30 (?), and a couple of A-7's still on heritage locos I think.

30 CW in fact. This is what is on the 82 and 90 class. Just as a matter of
interest both operate a B.P. of 500kpa and the 82s use 350kpa max BC (same as
all other NSW locos) where as the 90s use 500kpa in the BC.
As to the rest of the questions I would suggest you talk to the Freightcorp
Brake Engineers.
Bob