Re: Beresfield Accident Findings

>>>I've done it plenty of times and never had a problem. FreightCorp
>obviously
>>>don't consider it a problem either or there'd be all sorts of Safeworking
>>>procedures to cover it. There's never even been a General Order about it
>>>that I'm aware of.
>

>>Every rail company that I do business with in Australia and North America
>>all have procedures in place for emergency applied brakes. Namely walk the
>>train.
>

>Then you've obviously never done business with FreightCorp.

I’m very curious as to why FreightCorp have no problems when it to comes
emergency braking. To help clarify why this isn’t a problem….

1. What type of locomotive brake valve is used?
2. What brake pipe pressure is normally used?

3. What type of control valve is used on FreightCorp rollingstock?
4. What is the propagation rate for this control valve both in service and
emergency?
5. What features does this control valve have to increase
propagation/application/recharge rates?

6. What is the brake cylinder build up rate for a service and emergency
brake applications?
7. What type of load sensing device is used?
8. What type of brake assembly is used?
9. What type of draft gear and draft gear cushioning devices are used?
10. What is the length/weight/makeup of these trains that are immune to the
adverse effects of emergency applications?
11. In what context, with regards to train handling management and
procedures, is emergency used?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jeff