Re: Beresfield Accident Findings

Maurie Daly wrote:

> .
>
> >>Any Hardware which will prevent coal trains / any trains from running red
> >>signals ,irrespective of what the reasons may be is to be welcomed.
>
> >Burlington Northern was using such a system over a decade ago. Train
> >controllers could use what they called "remote intervention" and activate
> >the train brakes if necessary.
>
> >Cheers
> >David
>
> The Japanese Shinkasen and the SNCF TGVs also use mandatory signalling, some
> in Cab and some lineside.
> Its interesting that these two railway systems have a flawless safety record.
>
> MD

  One option under sreious consideration is to use the same system that is used
in the suburban area with trips at all signals. This would stop any train that
passes a stick at stop. The RSA and rail acess are all for this idea as it will
create hundreds of millions of dollars of work for them. The question is who
would pay for this? As we live in a bankrupt state because of the bloody Olympic
games it is unlikeley that this will happen. What is likeley however is the lets
hope they forget attitude and do nothing. My money is on this one!
Bob