Re: Metcard

I noticed that they print the ticket from a green Validator.  Why can't they
have on of these on the bus which when a person wants a ticket the driver puts
into the machine what ticket and it is printed, validated in the green machine
 and the person gets it from the validator and finds a seat?

On Wednesday I still had not recived my refund for my eaten ticket so I rung
up the Metcard help line for the third time and he siad he was sorry and they
were about 2 weeks behind.  He said if I didn't recieve my refund by Firday to
ring up again.  In todays (Fridays) Mail I got a letter from them.

Letter:
"WITHOUT PREJUDICE"
Ref Num: XXXXXX

Thank you for your recent refund application.  Please accept our oapologies
for any inconvenience caused as a result of the equipment malfunction.

You refund has now been processed and is enclosed in the form of 3X Weekly
Zon 1/2/3 Metcard/s.  This ticket/s can be used any time, where the expiry
time will be set once initially validated by you.

If you hav any further enquiries, please call the Metcard Helpline on
1 800 652 313.

--------------------------------------

So I finally got my refund in the form of $53.40 worth of tickets.
I only lost 1/2 a monthly so they could have only given me 2X weekies
and a daily.

Chris Gordon

P.S. I still won't be validating each ticket more than once.

Translib Pty. Ltd. (enquiry@translib.com.au) wrote:
: Michael Walker wrote:

: > [snip]
: >
: > PTC staff have been advised to try to get people to use the machines.
: > Not only that, but given the BOMs are a bit of a pain to use and it is
: >
: > much easier for station staff to give you change to use the machine as
: >
: > it makes the end of day accounting so much easier (no sales = no
: > adding up
: > ticket sales or getting the days takings bagged up ready to be taken
: > away or
: > ringing up Armaguard to arrange for a collection.)

: Actually, BOMs do add up ticket sales by themselves (of course this is a
: big improvement from the old days, though some ticket sales still put
: through like the old days, ie. V/Line and interstate tickets).

: > Hence station staff prefer to get you to use the machine unless it is
: > broken
: > down majorly as it suits them much better, especially evening shifts
: > where
: > the few sales just aren't worth it.

: I am not sure about this, especially when their jobs are on the line.  I
: know some P.T.C. staff would prefer selling tickets to commuters.
: Afterall that is what service industry is all about.

: Cheers,

: I.C.
: Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
: 712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
: Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
: Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
:                                  Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
: Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
: Serving Your Library and Office Needs
: Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group CCT Approved Library Supplier

  email - cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au
  http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord