Re: Flinders Street Yard

In article <3518C0F5.96407C2C@translib.com.au>, enquiry@translib.com.au says...

<snip>

>As for platform 4 or 5, I did hear a rumour that platform will not be
>reconstructed.  Can anyone confirm this??

What may happen, im not sure if it's possible any more due to the construction
of that big concrete wall inbetween platforms 5 and 6, is that a track can run
from the loop to platform 6, as used to happen a few years ago. I only honestly
realised this wasnt the case at the start of the year since i moved back onto a
line that ran thru North Melbourne. Last time i been on it, most of the time
the North Melbourne trains used to depart from Platform 6, but occasionally
came in on platform 5.

Cheers. Michael Kurkowski
(now with a working news server)

mailto:simcard@comcen.com.au