Re: Flinders Street Yard

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> [SNIP]
>
> Once this is complete they will have relined the Caulfield Through and
> local lines into their final position and four stages to go.
>
> * Special Lines and Platforms 8+9 - July
> * Sandringham lines and Platforms 12+13+10(I think) - Oct
> * Clifton Hill Lines and Platform 14 - Dec
> * Burnley Lines (Both again!) and I think Platforms 4+5 - March '98
>
> I have a couple of questions.
> How do you have occupation of the Clifton Hill lines and still run
> trains?
> With platforms 4+5 closed what do you do with North Melbourne trains
> and their city loop?

Were they going to reconstruction platform 1 which is currently used by
Clifton Hill Group trains?  I suppose when the reconstruction is in
progress, passengers would have to use platform 14 which is now only
used for special occasions.  I don't think platform 2 and 3 can handle
Clifton Hill group trains during the peak in addition to their normal
allocation of Burnley group trains.

As for platform 4 or 5, I did hear a rumour that platform will not be
reconstructed.  Can anyone confirm this??

Cheers,

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Serving Your Library and Office Needs
Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group CCT Approved Library Supplier