Re: Flinders Street Yard

Translib Pty. Ltd. wrote in message <3518C0F5.96407C2C@translib.com.au>...
>Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:
>
>> [SNIP]
>>
>> Once this is complete they will have relined the Caulfield Through and
>> local lines into their final position and four stages to go.
>>
>> * Special Lines and Platforms 8+9 - July
>> * Sandringham lines and Platforms 12+13+10(I think) - Oct
>> * Clifton Hill Lines and Platform 14 - Dec
>> * Burnley Lines (Both again!) and I think Platforms 4+5 - March '98

How come they couldn't get Burnley Lines in one go... would've saved a lot
of inconvenience...

>> I have a couple of questions.
>> How do you have occupation of the Clifton Hill lines and still run
>> trains?
>> With platforms 4+5 closed what do you do with North Melbourne trains
>> and their city loop?
>
>Were they going to reconstruction platform 1 which is currently used by
>Clifton Hill Group trains?  I suppose when the reconstruction is in
>progress, passengers would have to use platform 14 which is now only
>used for special occasions.  I don't think platform 2 and 3 can handle
>Clifton Hill group trains during the peak in addition to their normal
>allocation of Burnley group trains.

No way!.. how can you fit trains in between the 3-4 mins gaps on platform 2
& 3 and platform 14 looks like its going to be swallowed by the Fed. Square
construction, looks like theres stuff going on right above the platform
which would kinda make it dangerous??? So I don't have an idea what platform
they will use.. maybe platform 1 west?

>As for platform 4 or 5, I did hear a rumour that platform will not be
>reconstructed.  Can anyone confirm this??

Maybe they think its flat enough already to just put the tiles straight on??