Flinders Street Yard

They have started construction on Platforms 6+7 like they did on platforms
2+3 late last year.

All yards expect the Collingwood sidings have been removed.  They have closed the
Caulfield Through and local lines from Monday till the 13th of April to realign the tracks.  They have laid most of the new track and now putting in the overhead up.

At least they didn't have all these temporary timetables like they did for the Burnley closures.

So at the moment the only lines in use are the Burnley Through and Local.  Then a very big work site and then the Special and Sandringham lines.

Once this is complete they will have relined the Caulfield Through and local lines into their final position and four stages to go.

* Special Lines and Platforms 8+9 - July
* Sandringham lines and Platforms 12+13+10(I think) - Oct
* Clifton Hill Lines and Platform 14 - Dec
* Burnley Lines (Both again!) and I think Platforms 4+5 - March '98

I have a couple of questions.
How do you have occupation of the Clifton Hill lines and still run trains?
With platforms 4+5 closed what do you do with North Melbourne trains and their city loop?

Chris Gordon