Re: National Rail Workings Gs & BLs

Mark Carter has corrected my poor use of terminology here.
You of course cannot have a 'preferred' bidder until bids have been invited.
And indeed, Expressions of Interest are still to be called. This is expected
to occur towards the end of this financial year. From a shortlist, bids will
be invited, probably around August or so.
According to Mark, there are 2 strong contenders, Australian Transport
Network (WC, etc) and Freight Victoria. The latter comprising, Macquarie
Bank, Rail America and Serco.
Once the EOI is called another couple of serious contenders will probably
emerge.
I thank Mark for bringing this to my attention.
I highly recommend The Rail 2000 Web Site as an excellent resource for
keeping up with the privatisation issues.
www.users.on.net/polbathic/rail2000

Regards                            mainline@localnet.com.au
Patrick J. Buchanan            mameco@auscape.net
ICQ# 2914804                  MS NetMeeting (Audio only)
    --- Graphics & PRE-Press----High-Res Scanning---WEB Graphics ---
                 --- WEB Site Design, Implementation and Maintenance ---

<SNIP>