Re: National Rail Workings Gs & BLs

Well I might as well add a bit more....
It was reported in the last issue of 'CatchPoint' that NR is about to let a
contract for repainting 35 AN's, BL's, DL's & 81's. No mention of G's, so I
would assume they are only leased and not owned by NR. Same item also
mentions 2 BL's will be repainted Steelink and transferred to BG for the
steel traffic.

Word from Mel is that V/Line Freight is rounding up as many of the G's as
possible. BTW G518 is reportedly to go in for O/H. I have heard that they
require them for through working to WA on their proposed new service. It has
also been rumoured that they may also extend their operation on the SCT
trains. Either EL's or WA's L class have been mentioned as having a roll in
this as well.

Here in Syd, the 'grapevine' suggests that the BL's have been authorized to
run in NSW until late September and then this will be reviewed. This would
suggest problems with A/C  (or no A/C). BTW, up here you hear, 4 BL's for
steel traffic.

The BL's are to be replaced on the Mel-Adel corridor by AN's and I assume
DL's.

AN11 is currently in Mel or possibly Dimboola for crew training.

The C's are mentioned from time to time as possible shunters. They still
occasionally seeing traffic to cover failures.

All of this coincides with most of the other Postings. But it really only
confirms rumours at this stage. Which probably only makes it a bigger rumour
;~)
As always, I'll wait until it actually happens!!

Regards                            mainline@localnet.com.au
Patrick J. Buchanan            mameco@auscape.net
ICQ# 2914804                  MS NetMeeting (Audio only)
    --- Graphics & PRE-Press----High-Res Scanning---WEB Graphics ---
                 --- WEB Site Design, Implementation and Maintenance ---
                         -- Sample JPEG(4836+4206) avail by E-Mail --

Peter Neve wrote in message <350fa925.5219687@news.ozemail.com.au>...
> G'day.
>
>All care taken, but no final responsibility!   A little bird has
>whispered in my ear ...
<SNIP>
>2. G522 on MS4 into Trackfast Thursday morning, 0627 and is at
>present to return south on SM5 the same evening.   There is a remote
>possibility that the unit may be held over to go on Friday night's
>train with G518 above.
>
>3. BL class off the Adelaide-Melbourne corridor are being
>transferred to the Sydney run to replace the G class.   BL30 returned
>south on SM5 tonight.   BL32 due into Sydney on 5MS4 on Friday
>morning, 0627 into Trackfast.
<SNIP>