Re: Metcard

Hi people,

I was travelling out from Camberwell to Moorabbin this afternoon and
experienced yet another problem with the Metcard system.

I have a Zone 1 train only ticket (bought with a V/Line Country ticket for
about $4/week I believe) which gets me around Zone 1, but when I tried to
get a Zone 2 only ticket at Camberwell so that I could get legitimately to
Moorabbin the Metcard machine didn't want to dispense me one.

The station attendant told me to "get one at the machine in Moorabbin" as
this was the only way to buy one.  Great...but did it ever occur to them
that the Metcard machine is on the *other* side of the barriers when we get
off the train???  Basically I'd have to get into the zone without a valid
ticked before being able to buy one, a rather ridiculous thing to expect
given $100 fines for not having a valid ticket!

I've also noticed that the Met TV screens have been pretty inaccurate
lately - an example of this today was what was advertised at Camberwell as
the 2:36pm Express to Richmond train, except that it stopped all stations
except East Richmond (which made it worse if people had made the assumption
that the stops all stations train was early!).  When we got to Glenferrie
though, the stops all stations train wasn't due to arrive for another three
mins   Loads of people piled on anyway though :)

Is this some sort of mistake on the part of the Met (or Met train driver) or
is it standard procedure to disregard the advertised schedules?

Reuben