Re: Brisbane Light Rail Proposals

In article <34FF7D29.E6B@iprolink.co.nz>,

  Dave McL <davemcl@iprolink.co.nz> wrote:

> Much as I would love to see trams return to Brisbane (and I hope they

> do; they should never have been scrapped), if:

> * the people of Brisbane don't want them;

> * the taxpayers of the whole of Australia refuse to pay for them via the

> Bicentennial/ Millenial fund or anything else;

> or;

> *private enterprise is not interested in funding and/or operating them;

> then:

> The Briztram proposal should not go ahead as it means it is not wanted

> and would be economically unfeasible.

> Dave McLoughlin

> Auckland New Zealand

> and former resident of Brisbane (and Melbourne)

When you say that the Briztram proposal should not go ahead if any of the
above criteria were met ‹ resulting in the project being economically
unfeasible - do you mean that there are more pressing transportation projects
that require the funds, or do you mean that public transport should recover
all its costs?

Rob