Re: QR Moree extension

In article <6ml37n$u0f@news.tbsa.com.au>,
  "peter berrett <pberrett@" <"remove-this-spambait>tbsa.com.au"> wrote:

> Maybe one solution to the loading problem might be to run through trains
> a la Sydney to Moree to Brisbane

<Mega SNIP about timetabling>

> I have just been reading 'The World's Fastest Trains' by Geoffrey
> Freeman Allen - particularly the chapter 'Spain joins the high-speed
> club'. The Spain-France Talgo trains have laterally movable stub axles
> which enable multiple gauge use. I see no reason why the same
> arrangement might not be used to run a Bribane to Moree to Sydney
> service.

Gawd, I really am sick of people proposing all of these pie in the sky schemes
- they are all very good, but when will people realise that we are in
Australia, we have pro-roads governments and transport bureaucracies, etc. As
mush as I would like to see it, it ain't gonna happen!!!! Start suggesting
realistic, ACHIEVABLE ideas, and we may actually achieve something, instead of
hitting our heads against a brick wall all of the time.

</RANT>

Hope this jelps,

David "The Doctor" Proctor