Re: Why repaint/refurbish the Tulloch Trailers

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998 00:37:20 GMT, daproc@bigfoot.com wrote:

>In article <3585a299.492678@news.mpx.com.au>,
>  jdennis@acslink.net.au (John Dennis) wrote:
>
>> Not a bi-directional bus, nor bi-directional seating, but the Mercedes
>> buses the (then) Auckland Regional Authority ran in the mid 70s had
>> rear-facing seats over the wheel arches.  They were the last seats
>> filled.
>
>Probably because you would be rubbing knees with the person opposite you.

Well in my case it was because I tended to suffer from travel sickness
when facing backwards, and I think that the other passengers didn't
like the idea either.  I have absolutely no problem sitting that way
in a train though - except for the legroom shortage.

Cheers...JD
John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia               http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis
                Dutton Bay Tramway pages updated 1 January
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html