Re: First Stop Central?

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 McFergus@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> They could do much worse than look to the V sets for inspiration when it
> comes to the new double deckers. Apart from the decor being a little daggy on
> some carriages, they ride beautifully and have comfortable seating. If only
> they had longer straight sections of electified track, they could really open
> them up to a good gallop <sigh>. The Tangaras and OSTs are austere by
> comparison.

Too right. The V sets are comfortable and functional, to the point where
they rival the XPT, and when they are able to open them up, they really do
take off (ie Penrith-City or Hornsby-City). I realise the Tangaras were
designed for commuter travel, while the V's for long distance/interurban,
but in comparison the Tangaras are dogboxes with rocks for seats (sorry
Gonninans!).. even though they look nice from the outside!

Advance apologies to any Tangara enthusiasts. (there may be some y'know!)

Rob