Re: First Stop Central?

>Too right. The V sets are comfortable and functional, to the point where
>they rival the XPT, and when they are able to open them up, they really do
>take off (ie Penrith-City or Hornsby-City). I realise the Tangaras were
>designed for commuter travel, while the V's for long distance/interurban,
>but in comparison the Tangaras are dogboxes with rocks for seats (sorry
>Gonninans!).. even though they look nice from the outside!

I agree, I couldn't believe it the first time I caught a V-set from Hornsby
to the city and it was quick and comfortable and quiet compared to some of
the rattleboxes that pass for trains up there. The Tangaras on the other
hand may be recommended by chiropractors for the hard moulded surface and
your back but I couldn't find much to recommend them. After 20 minutes you
need to start wriggling to stay comfortable. Pity the poor Gosford and
Springwood passengers going to Sydney. Our Comengs are luxury by comparison
with soft seats and carpet. Still not as good as a V-set, 70s colour scheme
notwithstanding.