Re: Media, railways and facts.

Craig Haber wrote in message <357F7A26.607@harnessnet.com.au>...

<snip>

>IMHO, there was (and is) little to gain by converting rural Victoria's
>BG lines to SG, and I would not have converted any lines.  Reasoning is
>as follows...

<big snip>

>  But too late now.....

You are probably right Craig, but it *is* too late now. It's either convert
back to broad, convert the rest to std or abandon. V/line were publishing
figures when the M-A line was converted that the extra costs of a 2 gauge
system would be more than the cost of conversion in a relatively short time
(ie the payback period of conversion is relatively short). Whatever, I don't
think they can stand still now.

Barry Campbell