Re: Concord derailment

Ben Staples wrote in message <357fb4b1.1@139.134.5.33>...
>One example (even though it is not a State Rail problem) is four NR
>employees being "on track" without orange safety vests that I observed
>today. If one safewokring rule can be broken for expediency, all rules can
>be broken for expediency.

NR still seem to be under the misapprehension that they don't have to abide
by NSW Safeworking. I was told so by an NR Port Kembla Driver on the weekend
and an NR examiner/shunter last month at Cooks River who wanted to me to
follow NR procedure for a brake examination, but I had to refuse as it
contravened NSW Safeworking.