Re: Concord derailment

>From what I know of signalling, If a driver of a passenger train approaches
a medium caution (green over yellow) then he/she can travel past that signal
at line speed i.e. it is treated as a proceed indictation (green over
green). Is this correct? Though I presume that when approaching an
interlocking a driver make take extra care and drive for the slowest
possible route to be set. So, every time a train approcahes Concord West and
the signal is at medium caution, does the driver have to slow down to 25km/h
just in case the road has been set to take the Up Sub. I wonder if there is
enough distance to reduce your speed accordingly with the signal spacing at
this point.

Ben Staples
Graduate Engineer
RSA Metro North