Re: Concord derailment

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 05:30:28 +1000, "Ben Staples" <BenKim@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>From what I know of signalling, If a driver of a passenger train approaches
>a medium caution (green over yellow) then he/she can travel past that signal
>at line speed i.e. it is treated as a proceed indictation (green over
>green). Is this correct?

yes you are correct,green over yellow is a medium caution
idication,warning the driver that the next signl will be at caution,or
in the case of an interlocking could show a turnout indication.

Though I presume that when approaching an
>interlocking a driver make take extra care and drive for the slowest
>possible route to be set. So, every time a train approcahes Concord West and
>the signal is at medium caution, does the driver have to slow down to 25km/h
>just in case the road has been set to take the Up Sub. I wonder if there is
>enough distance to reduce your speed accordingly with the signal spacing at
>this point.

im no expert on train control although i keep out of trouble..there is
ample distance to slow your train to 25kph for the turn out at concord
west...
but more to the point in the working timetable it shows an R at
concord west meaning the train is tabled to run via the releif road
for a rail clean..

cheers greg