Re: Concord derailment

All,

This discussion has triggered a recollection of an old rhyme that was
apparently drilled into people to help understand the NSW two-light signal
indications. In part, it went...

	"and if the yellow's down below, that means reduce to medium slow"

To me, that is an unambiguous indication, regardless of what the driver's
conditioned expectation might be. It holds the same force as the Y/G
indication in the VR (US) 'speed signalling' indications, which is a
warning that the next signal is displaying a medium speed indication. No
ambiguity.

I don't know if this is what actually happened (we'll all find out in due
course), but as far as the debate on ambiguity of indications, I don't
think there is any doubt on this one.

Peter Knife

Greg <gregz@tig.com.au> wrote in article
<357df97d.6145730@news.tig.com.au>...