Re: Victorian Tangaras?

On 28 Jul 1998 03:17:23 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
wrote:

>An articulated set of 4 cars on 5 bogies without car-end bulkheads
>would improve the seating capacity in the space available.

I don't think that out of the various vehicle capacity improvement
measure that various tranist/commuter rail operators have tried around
the world that anyone currently has this style of vehicle in service,
even where loading gauge issue mitigate against double deck/tri-level
solutions.  It has been tried, both New York and Chicago come to mind,
but AFAIK in all cases succeeding orders were for conventional two
trucks per body designs.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton