Re: Victorian Tangaras?

The set is based on a Tangara, but is not a Tangara: vehicles are narrower
and lower (and shorter?).  There is just the one four-car set, known by PTC
as the 4D set (something like double deck design & development set).  A
change of government in 1992 stopped any chance of a production order,
despite the fact that this is how to maximise loop capacity and minimise
crew costs.  Ex CEO Dobbs stated that he does not like double-deck sets
because they have hard seats.  I have found the set to be the quietest,
smoothest, best-heated and best-cooled set in the metropolitan system.
--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Gill <torpan@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article