Re: ASR Reopening Lines?

Lachlan,

The Snowtown - Wallaroo line was converted to dual gauge at the same time
as the Crystal Brook - Adelaide standard gauge was put through.

Interestingly, in its early days as dual gauge, at least one test run was
done on the line with mixed gauge trains (mixed broad gauge and standard
gauge vehicles in the one train). Apparently the tests were successful, but
there was no demand for such an operation.

If the line was to reopen, no gauge conversion would be needed.

Cheers
Peter Knife

Lachlan Smith <lsmith@senet.com.au> wrote in article
<01bdb86a$c58df160$67ec38cb@default>...
> I recently heard a strong rumour that ASR intends to reopen the branch
line
> between Snowtown and Kadina/Wallaroo/Moonta. For those who didn't know,
> there is a deep water grain shipping port at Wallaroo, so I assume that
> ASR, if the rumour is true, would want to use this line for taking grain
> this port. If it is true, I wonder if they intend to convert it to SG.
Can