Re: NSW 80 class in South Aust

Peter & Sue Cokley wrote:

>    Hi folks
>
> Some years ago  some NSW 80 class went to Port Pirie and [I think?] worked
> on Leigh Creek coal hauls as well as through freights.
>
> I am seeking any details such as;  how long did this go on for / loco
> numbers / colour schemes / types of trains worked / reason for the NSW locos
> working in South Aust / etc.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Peter Cokley
The 80 classes used to work through to Islington (I think) as part
of the train engins on the Interstate Superfreighters 4SA5, 2PS2, 2AS6
etc. When I first started at Lithgow Loco, Al's where working through
to Lithgow. Some of the 80's where indeed fitted with AN radios but
as to what numbers etc I can't say.

John