Re: Melbourne - Metcard validation before every trip

trambuff@hotmail.com (Daniel Gerrard) writes:

>On 20 Jul 1998 01:17:58 GMT, cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin
>GORDON) wrote:

>>At my local station they have validators and usally a train is there
>>and I don't have time to validate my ticket.

>Would leaving for the station 30 seconds earlier hurt that much?

Well, I would, if the Met could guarantee to get its trains arriving
within 30 seconds of the scheduled time. As it is, it's random. Chances are
you arrive just as a train does. Re-validating makes you miss the train.

The point is this: there is nothing that can be gained financially by not
revalidating. Hence there is no point in re-validating and it should not
be manditory to do so to be able to exit at the other end of the journey.

If I have a ticket that is paid for and is valid within its allotted time
period, I should be allowed out through the barriers irrespective of what
I have done with that ticket previously.

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to