Re: Melbourne - Metcard validation before every trip

"David Proctor" <daproc@spamsux.healey.com.au> writes:

>But how do they know it is valid, unless you stick it in the machine? I
>really think that Melbournians are being a tad "precious" with this
>validation thing - they run the trains and trams, you need to follow their
>rules!

Don't take this as a personal criticism, but it's an unfortunate fact that
because the general population has such an attitude, governments are able to
get away with all the things that they do today.

Governments are there to _serve_ us, not to _control_ us. I maintain that
Metcard is an overly restrictive (and buggy) system that could do with a
good redesigning. Having to re-validate tickets on the way into a system
and upon changing vehicles is ridiculous. And inefficient.

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to