Re: VFT letter

> Rod, as usual you've got it all wrong!
>
> I'd like nothing more than to see Australian rail as the preferred
freight
> hauler in Australia and to see all those scabby truckies that tear up the
Hume
> highway out of business.
>
> So lets get our priorities right, lobby or do whatever it takes to get
> Australian rail freight where it should be and don't waste time on
follies like
> this high speed train crap. Face facts, Australia (not even the east
coast) has
> anywhere near the population density  to support these flights of fancy.

snip

> Rod, grow up!
>
> Mark.

Suppose its pretty tough living in the land of plenty [mostly ripped off
all the lands that aint got much anymore]
And with a Transport and Oil Lobby powerfull enough to limit Train Speeds
to 81mph these past 100 years.
Seen the Tourist Pics on TV and seen the backlots in Southern USA where
millions live in Poverty.
Guess its pretty hard to take , when you know that here our unemployed can
live on a Gov Handout!
and yes if some peoples dreams are realised in Railway Fields , Guess that
would hurt too...ah well
We all know little Johnnie and his boys are running scared with an Election
coming on....
Who would ever have thought that a 3 ft 6in TILT train would run out of
Brisbane at 200kph?
Now as you are quoting population Figures....Can you tell me why the TGV
made a profit from day 1?
Can you tell me the populations of the Terminal Towns?  So whats wrong with
Sydney>>Canberra>>Melbourne???
You guys forget that our Cities are pretty big, We just have less of them!

Countless numbers of ships take as long to travel our West and East Coasts
as they do to get here from Asia
and further, so if these ships can turn around at Darwin and rerturn to
Singapore or Seoul and Double the cargo they can carry in each year, that
means cheaper transport costs into Aussie, and then a high speed transport
system looks pretty
good. Each Year as our Foriegn owners move more bus. off shore, we are
importing more and more. And selling more and more of our vast reserves of
minerals.
Dont Kid yourself, boy....Australia can make it happen.

              Rod.