C class's and Belarine Peninsula Railways (two qns)

Hi people,

Two questions:

(1) Can anyone tell me about the Bellarine Peninsula Railways?  I saw
something of them when I was last at Queenscliff (Vic) a few weeks ago.
They don't seem to be talked about much - what sort of units do they have
and what do they do with them?

(2) Why are the C class being scrapped when locos such as the Y, T and B
class still live on?  I heard by one person that these locos were just at
the end of their era, but then again, there are other locos around which are
much older and are still used.  Were there design feature of the C's which
meant that they weren't as durable or something like that, or were they just
a bad investment which aren't of use any more?

Reuben