Re: C class's and Belarine Peninsula Railways (two qns)

Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> Two questions:
>
> (1) Can anyone tell me about the Bellarine Peninsula Railways?  I saw
> something of them when I was last at Queenscliff (Vic) a few weeks ago.
> They don't seem to be talked about much - what sort of units do they have
> and what do they do with them?
>
> (2) Why are the C class being scrapped when locos such as the Y, T and B
> class still live on?  I heard by one person that these locos were just at
> the end of their era, but then again, there are other locos around which are
> much older and are still used.  Were there design feature of the C's which
> meant that they weren't as durable or something like that, or were they just
> a bad investment which aren't of use any more?

Y's, T's and B's are owned by Victoria when the C's are owned by National Rai. I
didn't think they where been scraped, just put into long term storage (delayed
scrapping).

I do not know why they aren't using them.

--
Bye for now,
Eben.

http://www.klever.net.au/~ebenlevy/

A cat *WILL* blink when hit by a hammer.