Re: C class's and Belarine Peninsula Railways (two qns)

Reuben Farrelly (reubie@bigpond.com.AAA) wrote:
> (1) Can anyone tell me about the Bellarine Peninsula Railways?  I saw
> something of them when I was last at Queenscliff (Vic) a few weeks ago.
> They don't seem to be talked about much - what sort of units do they have
> and what do they do with them?

They run 16km to Drysdale. Operational steam locos are V1209 (WAGR), M6
(TGR), PB15.454 (QR), 6 (APC Fyansford) and Klondyke (from some sugar
mill). Diesels are X3, X20, V8 and Va1, all ex-TGR.

> (2) Why are the C class being scrapped when locos such as the Y, T and B
> class still live on?

No Cs have been scrapped. Most are stored at Junee. One (509?) is not
trafficable and has been used as a source of spare parts.

Cheers
David