Re: Anybody notice that there were no W-Class trams in Melbourne today!

Daniel Bowen wrote in message

>Oh, c'mon! Who goes to work by tram without taking a coat? If you didn't,
you'd
>freeze while waiting at the stop! I've found the heating in Z's to be way
over
>the top in winter!

People don't buy proper coats these days.

Look at those commuters waiting at stops.

Many don't have raincoats or umbrellas when it rains, and only the career
commuters have overcoats.

Chain stores sell fashion clothing, not practical clothing for commuters.

Most people live in centrally heated houses, airconditioned offices and
cars. They expect public transport to be the same.

Most people would not want to return to the days of drafty old Tait trains
in winter. You really needed to rug up to travel in those.

Cheers

John Wayman