Re: Ticket Machines on Melbourne Trams

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> Michael Walker <walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote:
> >The Redcoats were at Canterbury today, so was a large sign next to the
> >Canterbury Road steps from the island platform - 'Automated ticketing is
> >here from tomorrow' or whatever it says. Also, in several of the poster
> >holders were the ubiquitous 'Metcard - Buy, Validate, Travel' posters.
> >On the way home, no Redcoats but several posters at Chatham, Surrey
> >Hills and Mont Albert.
>
> I saw redcoats at all stations between Camberwell and Box Hill (exclusive) on my
> way to Box Hill this morning. Except East Camberwell, or did they already turn
> on the machines there?
>
> >Apparently NBC do now care, the driver on the way home checked my
> >Metcard VERY carefully, not to mention every other Metcard waved past
> >his nose.
>
> Maybe someone there reads aus.rail!

It may well be, or at least someone from the PTC. There must be someone
there at least conversant with the net due to the ever updated nature of
the Victrip site (well worth a vist - www.victrip.vic.gov.au - and don't
forget to fill in the survey, I received a very nice email back from an
Adrian Webb there).